Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
razormac
Contributing MemberPosts: 707Gear list
Like?
Question for those who have used the 70-300 CX and 70-300 FX on N1 Body
3 months ago

I am busily building my toy kit as I rapidly approach retirement. To that end I am filling in weak spots in my gear. Hence my question, but some background first.

I am not a birder, though I enjoy looking and taking the occasionally long range bird/beast shot. The longest lens in my kit bag is the 70-300mm VR (FX lens), and I use that or the 55-200 with FT-1 adaptor on my Nikon V2. My results have been good, but not great, probably more due to technique than equipment.

This leads to my question: other than BIF, how much of an improvement in IQ or performance have you seen between the 70-300 CX lens and the 70-300 FX (or any other comparable lens) on an N1 body?

The reason for my asking, is a desire to get double duty out of lens purchases. N1 will probably never (or at least not for some time) be my primary system, so I hesitate to spend a lot of money on lenses that will only work on CX format.

Thoughts, comments, advice, and/or humorus and good natured insults welcomed.

razormac's gear list:razormac's gear list
Nikon D5000 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +8 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow