**URGENT** Sony RX100 III PAL (50i) & NTSC (60i)

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Benjy2014
Regular MemberPosts: 119Gear list
Like?
**URGENT** Sony RX100 III PAL (50i) & NTSC (60i)
4 months ago

All,

Apologies for the 'urgent' message here, but I am having to decide whether to buy my RX100 III from the states by EOD today (UK time)...As my friend out there doesn't have much time left!

My question then:  If I buy a Sony RX100 III from the states, does it comes with the PAL/NTSC Selector?  I have been told different stories, but am not very concerned that it doesn't, given a recent Photographer's Blog, stating:

'This menu option only appears on cameras that are sold in areas that use the PAL video standard and that therefore use the 50i video format rather than the 60i format that is used in the United States and in other areas with the NTSC Standard.'

I just need to know for anyone who has purchased the camera from the US, does it state on the bottom of the box that it uses 1080 50i / 60i, or does it just states 1080 60i?!

Appreciate anyone who can respond quickly on this! Thank you!

Benjy2014's gear list:Benjy2014's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow