Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
oldsilverfox1
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
Let's Improve the TS40 !!!!
2 months ago

Even the most enthusiastic TS40/TZ60 owner would admit that the camera has got several shortcomings. Many of these arise from the compromises involved which are designed to make the camera as versatile (and as easy to use) as it is.

Here is my suggestion, which is designed as a workaround these limitations, and as a help to inexperienced owners ( LIKE ME !!!!)

What is a travel zoom mainly used for?? I suggest that if we were to try and subdivide general mainstream usage into three basic categories, and we could use the collective expertise of DP Forum members to design a cocktail of settings which would use the optimum performance of the camera to achieve this category. These could then be saved within the three Custom settings and you have a ready use solution for many everyday situations.

So, here goes;--

1) Landscape, fairly easy.

2) Family groups, weddings, graduations etc, often indoors, often poor lighting requiring flash.

3) The trickiest one. Sports, animals, action. mixed lighting.

If you think that there is any merit in the idea, I would love to hear your suggestions either whether the  categories are valid, and more importantly, your recommended settings to get the best out of the camera in that particular situation.

Thanks for listening, I  do hope that you feel it would be worthwhile.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow