Too much image noise after processing? please critique.

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
Mr McClicky
Regular MemberPosts: 163
Like?
Re: Too much image noise after processing? please critique.
In reply to billythek, 4 weeks ago

billythek wrote:

Mr McClicky wrote:

billythek wrote:

Mr McClicky wrote:

billythek wrote:

Mr McClicky wrote:

billythek wrote:

Mr McClicky wrote:

. Btw I do have the raw file.

If you want us to play with it, put it in a dropbox link.

-- hide signature --

- Bill

If you don't mind, that would be very interesting to me, awesome! Im new to dpr so the dropbox is new one to me, but I'll figure it out, thanks.

Rafe

Dropbox is outside DPR. Just go to dropbox.com and they will give you instructions on how to get setup. It is free. Then after you have uploaded the RAW file to dropbox, they will give you a link that you can insert into a post here, and people can download the picture from the link. It is easy.

-- hide signature --

- Bill

Oh ok, Great! I'll try it right now, thanks again.

Rafe

I'll look for it tomorrow. Time for bed for me.

-- hide signature --

- Bill

Hey Bill, thanks again for your offer. In taking you up on your offer here is the link to the dragonfly image and I even through in a couple of other takes that you may find challenging. Thanks again for taking the time to work on the image, I hope that I'm posting it correctly here if not let me know and I'll correct it. I'm curious to see what you come with. Im learning so much from you guys and I truly appreciate all your help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ulhci893u0pesq/dagonfly%20for%20dropbox.NEF?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kac9rprt4cyaaxl/DSC_1775.NEF?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kvqi1umqsrd5f47/original%20dragonfly%20on%20fence.NEF?dl=0

Cheers

Rafe

OK, here is after conversion in DxO using PRIME noise reduction.

And this is after applying some Nik filters:

-- hide signature --

- Bill

Are you a magician? AMAZING! I think its beautiful, both of them but the Nik filter is my favorite. Its like a photograph inside a painting. Recomposing it like that took a minute to grow on me but when it finally did I realize that its genius! Its given so much more depth to a depth of field less ? image.  It almost looks 3dimentional.

How long did it take you? What is DxO and Nik filters, is that in photoshop? Even the back ground CA looks more appealing to me, I love it. Sorry if I gush but helping to capture a nice image like this 2 months after getting into dslr photography at my age feels great. I wish I would have been a bit steadier to avoid that bit of background vibration but with the image enhancements you made makes it so easy to overlook, it almost seems intentional. Its so cool how coincidentally the dragon's colors are basically the only ones found to some degree in the background, right down to the speck of blue down in the corner. Great job Bill Thanks!

Rafe

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow