Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mpgxsvcd
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,941Gear list
Like?
Let’s talk space. Shall we?
4 months ago

I have been messing around with a Modified(Ha+Visible light) Olymus E-PM2 and my Panasonic GH4 for Astro Photography lately. Let me just say that Micro Four Thirds is perfect for AP. The Panasonic cameras are great for videos and the Constant Preview mode allows me to Align and adjust focus directly on the camera.

The E-PM2 has an excellent sensor and having it modified has opened up a lot of new doors.

Here are some images I have taken lately with my AT8IN Astro Tech 8 Inch Newtonian 200mm F4.0. All of the DSO images are 10-30 stacked RAW images from the E-PM2. All solar system objects are done with the GH4. I also have a sample 4K moon video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaUsn1LEATs

mpgxsvcd's gear list:mpgxsvcd's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +2 more
Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow