Would this be considered too much noise?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Mr McClicky
Regular MemberPosts: 193
Like?
Re: Would this be considered too much noise?
In reply to olmail, 3 months ago

olmail wrote:

be ready for the shot. for dragonflies. find a spot they are active, park a while, snap a couple of test shots on spots where they might perch, adjust settings and wait for one to give you a shot. many of them return to perches-look for such a perch and set up on it. be ready to try again another time and place. keep doing it until you have a feeling for what settings work best in different instances. understand you don't get something good every time out. being out there trying is something worthwhile in and of itself. have fun

Great advice olmail, thanks that makes a lot of sense.  You obviously now your dragonflies, this one kept returning to this same stem multiple times on this particular shoot.  I see that it comes down to practicing over and again.  It was almost like it was posing for me, I was amazed by this little guy.  Nevertheless, I still rushed focusing better out of preoccupation with not getting the shot.  Thanks again for taking the time to respond to me.

Cheers

Rafe

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow