Contributing MemberPosts: 917
Like?
Re: Sony A7S AF questions
In reply to Brian_Smith, 3 weeks ago

Brian_Smith wrote:

chrisfromalaska wrote:

Brian_Smith wrote:

chrisfromalaska wrote:

I've never shot an event with face detection, it seems to work really well. Still need to get the hang of it with a few people in the frame when I only want one in focus. Face detection is a winner so far.

Hello Chris, that's where Face Registration comes in handy. It's a great tool if you want to select a particular face to focus on such as the lead singer in a band, the bride at a wedding or your future All-Star in his first soccer games.

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I'm mostly a video shooter and a center point - focus - recompose stills shooter. I need to learn and take advantage of these pimpy modern AF features.

I'm with you on that...but these new tools are pretty cool in the right situation. So give em a try.

I had the same feeling as chrisfromalaska about face registration. I now see it could be useful. I still have some doubts though. The bride's closest friends often tend to look like her.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow