X-T1 Weather Sealing Appears to be Pretty Effective ...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tony Bonanno
Contributing MemberPosts: 713Gear list
Like?
X-T1 Weather Sealing Appears to be Pretty Effective ...
2 months ago

This past week I was leading a Santa Fe Photographic Workshop on the Chama River.  Without boring you with the details, I accidently left my X-T1 with an 18-55 lens outside one night in what turned out to be a soaking downpour.  The camera and lens was "recovered" about 30 minutes later, but it was VERY wet (with splattered mud), etc.  Knowing that there was no weather seal between the body and the 18-55 lens, I was a bit anxious as to the outcome.  The next morning, condensation was quite apparent in the viewfinder and the lens elements.  After a good wipe down and a couple of hours in the warm sun, everything was WORKING PERFECTLY.  I would rate Fuji's weather sealing to be quite effective.

BTW, most of the photographers were using Fuji X-E2 or X-T1, followed by Olympus OMD-1, and then Nikon D800's.  The mirrorless genre definitely outnumbered the DSLR for this program.

On the Wild and Scenic Chama River (New Mexico)with Fuji X-T1

-- hide signature --

Tony Bonanno Photography, Santa Fe, New Mexico
ASMP Professional Member
www.bonannophoto.com

Tony Bonanno's gear list:Tony Bonanno's gear list
Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-E2
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow