Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brianric
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,182Gear list
Like?
Nikon could care less over local bricks & mortar store
4 weeks ago

I'm going on six weeks from a local small independent Nikon Pro dealer with a Nikon D810 on order. I have put a full deposit on the D810 and the 28-300 mm lens. Nikon refuses to allocate four D810s that this dealer has ordered. I even contacted Nikon and their answer is as follows:

Thank you for contacting Nikon and we do apologize for the situation you find yourself in with the D810 preorder. Unfortunately, we do not have information on when that particular dealer will be receiving a shipment of D810's. There also wouldn't be any way to expedite specific shipments to specific dealers. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you for contacting Nikon and have a wonderful day.

I find it hard to believe where just about every online Nikon Pro dealer has the D810 in stock that Nikon cannot or will not take care of their small independent bricks and mortar Nikon Pro dealers. Reluctantly I'm cancelling my order tomorrow when the owner of the store comes back from a business trip. This will cost me $150 on the lens rebate as I have taken possession of the lens. It will be at least another week as I wait for the refund to clear before I can order the camera. Lesson learned.

brianric's gear list:brianric's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D700 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Nikon Df Nikon D810 +10 more
Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow