New Nikon D810 or recently fixed D810 with Thermal Issue.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AtomicPunk
Regular MemberPosts: 253
Like?
New Nikon D810 or recently fixed D810 with Thermal Issue.
3 months ago

All-

To those of you that just acquired a D810 with the fix (black dot/firmware update) or if you recently had yours fixed at Nikon, can you please check your shutter count.

I received a new D810 after sending my original back. I have only taken some test shots and shots to AF fine tune my lenses. I figures I shot <200 pictures. When I checked my shutter count, it was up to almost 350. This means when I took ownership of the camera, there were 150-200 shutter clicks on it. I know this wasn't a camera that was sitting around or was possibly returned and resold, because it has a high serial number and was in the latest batch just received by B&H. I purchased it the day they were available on the B&H web site.

I am wondering if these shutter clicks are put of the recalibration process and if they just forgot to reset the value when they were done.

Thanks,

John

Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow