Contributing MemberPosts: 899Gear list
Like?
Re: Going FF(?)
In reply to Leonard Shepherd, 4 months ago

Leonard Shepherd wrote:

Elti87 wrote:

Hey!
I currently use Nikon D7000 (snipped)
I mainly shoot Landscapes and Portraits and want to go FF (travel photography).
I know that I will have to buy a whole new set of lenses to fit the FX sensor.

Has it occurred to you that, once the D7100 is upgraded to Expeed 4, the D610 offers negligible improvement over a D7100 to 1600 IS for the types of photography you mention?

A D7100 upgrade could be announced at Photokona opening 16th September.

If you aim is prints 30 inches or more wide (you imply not as you are considering a D610) then a D800/810, maybe an upgraded tripod and the best lenses you can afford is the way to go despite the cost, bulk and weight.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Shepherd
Producing good quality photographs, or being good at sport or art, involves a little more than buying appropriate equipment. Practice, some learning and perhaps natural talent often play a bigger role than the equipment in your hands.

I agree with your post except you imply you need a the latest equipment to make 30 inch posters. I made a lot of posters using my D300, the main improvement since then is an ability to crop more and better DR and Noise. Having said that I'd never go back to my D300 since I upgraded to a D800 as the improvements are mind-blowing in many aspects.

romfordbluenose's gear list:romfordbluenose's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow