18 megapixel APS-C = how many mpix in full frame?

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ozyxy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,414Gear list
Like?
18 megapixel APS-C = how many mpix in full frame?
3 weeks ago

How many megapixels should a full-frame sensor have to have the same pixel size or resolving power as a 18 megapixel APS-C sensor?

And what about a 10 megapixel 1" sensor and a 18 megapixel APS-C sensor or a 12 megapixel 1/2.3" sensor? which one has the greatest pixel density?

In general, how to calculate the megapixels I need on a larger sensor to have the same resolving power as a small sensor? Is there an equation I can use?

-- hide signature --

My photos: http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/5331216022
Taking and publishing a photo of a person in the street without his or her consent is free speech and is a good thing for recording social history, free speech rights include speaking about people and there is no privacy in public. "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." = If I demanded you not take or publish a picture of me then I would be guilty of censorship.

Ozyxy's gear list:Ozyxy's gear list
Canon EF 135mm f/2.8 SF Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN +10 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow