Should I get the Fuji X-T1 for its' Superior IQ or Olympus E-M1 for its' fast AF?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jaeger088
Junior MemberPosts: 30
Like?
Should I get the Fuji X-T1 for its' Superior IQ or Olympus E-M1 for its' fast AF?
3 weeks ago

Hello all,

I've been really torn on a decision between getting the Fuji X-T1 or the Olympus E-M1 for several weeks now. I keep going back and forth between the two cameras and flip-flopping my decision quite a bit. It's a big decision because it's not just a choice in a camera, but a choice in a system as well. So here's what I believe each camera and systems have going for them:

Fuji X-T1:

-Top-Notch IQ

-Dedicated control dials

-Fuji colors look to be a little bit better than Olympus

-High quality, but very expensive lenses. About $900-$1,000!

Olympus E-M1:

-Faster AF

-Touchscreen

-Great lens lineup with cheap options as well as high-end quality options

-More controls

-Good colors (not as good as Fuji)

-Good IQ

-Perhaps a bit better handling with that deep grip

-Wireless flash!

I'm just torn because overtime I go through photos on Flickr for each camera, the Fuji just seems to blow everything out of the water! And my decision comes down to basically do I want to sacrifice faster AF and cheaper lenses for that ultimate IQ?

I should probably mention that I mainly shoot landscape with some street photography and some outside portrait work. I also like to get pics of my buddies diatribe riding too. And I will also mention that I don't ever print any of my pictures, I just clean them up a little and post them on the web (Although in a big format where they can really pop).

I'm just looking for some suggestions for users here and to see what you're experiences have been like with your Fuji X-T1's.

Thank you for any and all helpful info!

Fujifilm X-T1 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow