Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
VisionLight
Senior MemberPosts: 2,729Gear list
Like?
My turn for Canon repair
4 months ago

I went to a party this weekend, for which occasions I usually carry just my trusty S100. Running out of the house, I hadn't yet switched it to its own belt pouch from the case it shares with my SX50, so I just decided to bring both. Turned out to be serendipity and I would need the SX50.

While taking a picture of some of the partygoers with the S100, I noticed the image was uncharacteristically out of focus and told them to hold on for a re-take. That generated a lot of friendly ribbing to the tune of "Hey, we thought you were supposed to know what you were doing." (I had done the wedding pictures of our host and hostess.) Take 2 and I just waited as the image did not appear on the LCD. Then the dreaded display: LENS ERROR I always knew my copy's serial # was in the effected group, but thought I had gotten lucky. Reality bites instead.

So today I received a prepaid shipping label from Canon and the camera will be off to Virginia. Too bad it didn't happen when I stopped to meet my wife there a week ago as we are not far from the repair facility and could have dropped it off.

So now I wait. I'll let you know how it all goes.

Ed

VisionLight's gear list:VisionLight's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +4 more
Kodak Pixpro S-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow