Any way to remotely save camera settings?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
prymsnap
Regular MemberPosts: 220Gear list
Like?
Any way to remotely save camera settings?
3 weeks ago

Okay, file this under "yeah right: when pigs fly" but is there any way to save all my customized EM10 settings to a file? I've spent long hours fine-tuning all my menu options and button assignments. I really appreciate that capability and feel like the camera is really "mine" now, functioning in a way that truly fits my needs.

If I had to restore the camera to factory settings (or worse yet: did so unintentionally), it would be a painful process to get it back to the sweet spot I'm at right now. So my fantasy is that I can take a snapshot of all current settings and store them remotely, transferred perhaps via a file on an SD card...then restore those settings if need be. Kind of like backing up an iPhone, restoring it to factory, and then loading everything back as it was.

I'm dreaming, right?

prymsnap's gear list:prymsnap's gear list
Nikon D90 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS +4 more
Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow