Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
elanel
Contributing MemberPosts: 688Gear list
Like?
To Fujifilm 27 mm Users
4 months ago

As a longtime Canon user I am gradually changing my use to the Fuji system (I'm tired of lugging all the heavy equipment on my travels) and I'm looking for some advice.

I bought the kit lenses when I purchased the X-E2 and I'm now looking for a walk-around prime lens, particularly for street photography. I've been looking at the 27 mm and I like the size for discreetness and lightness. However, the 23 mm keeps popping up as being truer to the 'old' days of photography (35 mm FF - I'm an old romantic) and so I'm seeking for some advice based on your experiences. I am looking for quality first of all, followed by size and weight.

I would appreciate your comments both pro and con for both these lenses, if possible. BTW, I'm really enjoying using the X-E2.

Thanks,

Luis Curran

-- hide signature --

Luis Curran
www.pbase.com/lcurran
The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse in him to keep looking.
Brooks Atkinson, 'Once Around the Sun'

elanel's gear list:elanel's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E2 Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 35-350mm f/3.5-5.6L USM +5 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow