Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tmelt10
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
Football Shooting with a77II
4 months ago

I am a sports shooter in Birmingham, AL & I have been shooting Nikon w/ OVF. I got a A77II a couple of weeks ago & shot a couple of football games this weekend. I was shooting with a Sony 70-200 2.8 SSM & was mostly using Lock-on AF: expand flexible spot with track duration set at different settings from 1-5. I was not pleased with the keeper rate I got mainly from failure to be able to track movement with the EVF & possible AF settings that need to be adjusted. It seemed like I was always behind when the players made cuts. I know that Gary Kohs has used EVF & OVF for sports with success

Do you have any tips for a higher keeper rate & any help in how to track erratically moving objects with the EVF (I have never used an EVF)- I didn't have any problems with cars, etc which just went in one direction. Any settings or techniques that might help. I like the camera, but I've got to improve on my ability to get shots in focus. The ones that were in focus were nice & I liked the 8 & 12 fps.

Thanks,

Ted

Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow