ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
apierleoni
Regular MemberPosts: 107Gear list
Like?
help on DP3
4 weeks ago

Hi all,

I am thinking about "investing" in a DP3 Merrill now that it can be found at ridiculous prices in the uk.

I do have a mft setup, with a G6 as a body which sports a quite outdated sensor, but has a lot of features and I really do not see a big leap form other similar form factor cameras out there.

Then I saw the pics from the sigma...

I recently did a session and on portraits I see that the G6 body is starting to be a limit for my ideas... I have been thinking of going full-frame, but I cannot justify the investment, not I want a full frame size.

I am used to shoot at base iso typically and I can live with shooting slowly and all the other shortcomings I know these camera have (particularly at this price).

What I cannot find on reviews is actually how much you can do with a raw file slowly converted in 16but tiff and edited in photoshop.

My workflow typically include a big part in photoshop, and I really do not mind messing with raw files to have the right colours, and fix anything fixable...

any help from somebody with a DP merrill using it in photoshop?

thanks

apierleoni's gear list:apierleoni's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Apple iPhone 5s
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow