Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lambrook
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Stuck on choice for D2xs
4 months ago

I've been shooting with a D2xs for a while, and will probably continue to do so. I've primarily shoot with primes, and feel more comfortable shooting primes. I've got a 24-70mm 2.8G lying around that hasn't been used for the last 2 years. I'm going to be selling that and getting a new piece of glass. I REALLY like mainly 35mm on FX followed by 28mm.

I'm really enamoured in getting a 16-35mm f/4 it seems to have everything I want, and I could throw a 35mm f/1.8 DX just for the lols. Although some are saying this isn't a great piece of glass for DX sensors.

So I was thinking about these instead:

• Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G
  • Sigma 24mm f/1.8
  • Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8
  • Nikon 12-24mm f/4
  • 35mm f/1.8G DX

I've never owned a sigma lens and I'm still stuck in the mind-frame that a Sigma zoom will never compare in sharpness and contrast to Nikon. I'm pretty finicking with quality as I currently have a Voigtlander 58mm f/1.4 and the 24-70mm. If I can get similar sharpness and contrast on the 16-35mm f/4 would be the right choice though, right?

I threw the 35mm f/1.8G DX because its cheap as chips at QR 745.

Or should I just get another prime, I have no idea.

Thanks for reading.

Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon D2Xs
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow