ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sea_dragon
Contributing MemberPosts: 657Gear list
Like?
GM1 - Battery performance
2 months ago

Hi guys,

Can anyone that owns the GM1 let me know how you are finding the battery life?  I realize the CIPA rating is 230 shots, but as we all know, real world experience may be quite different.

I shoot mostly stills and maybe a bit of video.

What I'm trying to figure out is if a GM1 with 2 batteries would get me through a day walking around a park at Disney World.  I usually bring my GH3 with me, but I'm thinking of the GM1 simply for the convenience of it's size and not having to carry a camera bag.

I actually did own a GM1 for one night but I returned it the next day due to a defect in the on-screen level gauge (it was out of calibration by quite a bit).  We leave on Saturday for our trip to Orlando and am still thinking about trying one again.

The sales guy at Henry's also recommended an Olympus E-PL5 as it's a bit smaller than the GH3, but is still much larger than the GM1.

Thanks for any replies.

sea_dragon's gear list:sea_dragon's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +4 more
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow