A6000 when powering off ocassionally has a long delay, makes shutter clicking sound...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SwissSwiss
Junior MemberPosts: 29
Like?
A6000 when powering off ocassionally has a long delay, makes shutter clicking sound...
2 months ago

Strange one not sure what to make of it. I have a6000 with kit lens and it was giving errors so I sent it to Sony repair provider in Switzerland under warranty.

They were very fast and sent the camera back within a week and replaced the whole shutter assembly.

Everything seems fine but ever so often when I switch the camera off nothing happens for a while, then the shutter makes a click sound (same as when taking photos) and then the lens retracts and camera switches off.

It is as if the camera was set to take a long exposure shot. Any idea what could be going on? I love this camera but all this is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

I am going on holiday so the thought of sending it back again is really getting on my nerves. I guess I will take it with me on holiday to give it a thorough run first. Could auto resolve....although has happened 4-5 times already in last 2 weeks. Grrrr!!!!

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow