To sell or not to sell current gears? Need some advice.

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
poi2005
New MemberPosts: 7Gear list
Like?
To sell or not to sell current gears? Need some advice.
4 weeks ago

Hi guys,

Need some advices or opinions from users who experienced this before.

I owned the following gears:

• Canon 6D
  • Canon 17-40 (Mostly for landscape shooting)
  • Canon 24-105 (Normal use and video purpose)
  • Canon 70-200 f2.8 II USM (Was using it for sports purpose, however nowadays hardly use it)

It was a hobby and I very much enjoy the gears above during my uni life as I travelled a lot therefore taken a lot of photos.

Soon, I am going to be busy with work life, and time spend on photography will be lesser and lesser, even travelling might be only once a year. With recent travelling, I noticed that the numbers of times I use 17-40 or 70-200 is getting lesser as well, or even sometimes I don't bring them a long due to the weight on the bag. Maybe I enjoying travelling nowadays compare to uni life.

I am thinking to sell off all the gears above and to get a mirrorless camera for normal use or light travelling purpose.

Is there anyone here give up DSLR and move to mirrorless? How's your transition period feels like?

Is it worth to keep the 70-200 lens instead of selling it? For example, getting a lens adapter to use with it (if is supported by the mirrorless camera, as I am considering sony A5000 or A5100).

Would appreciate some feedback from people have such experience.

poi2005's gear list:poi2005's gear list
Sony a6000 Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS
ANSWER:
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow