Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
HB1969
Regular MemberPosts: 328Gear list
Like?
size difference is comical....heavy lenses and the x-e1
3 weeks ago

Samyang 500mm f/6.3 came with a T2-EOS adapter which I then had to fit to an EOS-FX adapter

OK, when you're done laughing, I have some serious questions to ask

I bought the Samyang 500mm f/6.3 to take photo's of the moon. Lunar eclipse is on the 8th Oct
There are a few issues to overcome which I've posted questions on the astro forum but the main thing that's concerning me is the weight of the lens vs the camera. The samyang 500mm is over 650g compared to the heaviest of the fuji lenses (as far as I can tell) is the xf55-200 (~550g). I'm worried about the pressure it will put on the lens mounting point (flange) of the camera when I mount the camera to a tripod. Does anyone have any experience with heavy lenses on the x-cams?
I'm guessing that have 3 options:
1) An adapter with a tripod mount
2) An adapter collar:
the first 2 options were covered in someone elses post but there doesn't seem to be any inexpensive options.
3) Make something myself - has anyone tried doing something like this?

Thanks

HB1969's gear list:HB1969's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +1 more
Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow