Another impetous question. Help me before I get kicked out. What camera do I want?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
frascati
Regular MemberPosts: 100
Like?
Another impetous question. Help me before I get kicked out. What camera do I want?
2 months ago

I've been posting on the Samsung EX2F. It hits all of my needs but there is too much worrisome criticism out there regarding its JPEG rendition and lack of firmware remedy. It seems to be too great an Achilles's Heel on this model to invest 350 dollars in.

For the sake of this forum it's fairly easy for me to describe my wants in a fixed lens point and shoot camera.

350 +/- a bit  dollars.

At least an aps-c sensor. Image quality is paramount.

Fixed lens or "system" is not a disqualifier. But I do not intend to invest in lenses beyond the kit lens supplied with a 4/3, asp-c, or 1" in the near future.   Body only with pancake lens would be optimal but a rare (non existent?) at this price point?

I don't care, at all,  about wifi or other connectivity. I don't care about zoom range.

I don't care about weight, ergonomics, or looks.

This should be easier.   Seems almost as if the clamber for bells/whistles has overtaken this category of camera and forced manufacturers to sacrifice other qualities to satisfy too may multi-demands at once.

Looks?  Weight?  C'mon, relative to the size of the current crop of compact digitals they could be made of solid lead.   The reviewers might be incensed in the mad dash to compare charts. But I, and I'd guess most of us, could care less if any camera weighed another full .lb as long as it was well balanced and other quality was not sacrificed in the pursuit of feather weight.

Anyway.   After all.  Anything jump to anyone's attention here?   I'm pessimistic since I've spent many, many hours in review of this category.    But there seem to be SO many models of camera that exist between the primarily reviewed models that I might have missed something really obvious.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow