Moving on from EM-10. 70D or D7100. Which is better for me?

Started Aug 26, 2014 | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
New MemberPosts: 19
Moving on from EM-10. 70D or D7100. Which is better for me?
Aug 26, 2014

I am currently a hobby photographer living in Holland. I have in the past owned both Canon and Nikon low end dslr. Last year I decided to move to Olympus and have had a lot of fun with the EM-10 in combination with several good primes and a 14-140 lens.

Over the last month I have started posting pictures on several microstock sites and they have been selling. So now I want to move o to a bigger system which feels better to me. I love the Olympus and will keep it with the 14-140 and the 60mm macro as a walk around camera that can always be with me. What i dislike is the terrible continuous autofocus and the fact that it just feels too small to be comfortable for me to use.

Now my question. Would a Canon 70D or a Nikon D7100 be better for me?

My goal is to keep improving as a photographer and to have a semiprofessional camera which good lenses that won't get in my way and that is capable of producing images that will sell on Microstock sites. Now I know that it's mainly about the photographer but in this stadium it won't hurt me to have a little camera help!

I mainly shoot nature, some wildlife, macro etc. I also need a camera that is capable of tracking my two young boys when they are enjoying themselves outside! This is a major shortcoming on the EM-10. My feeling is that I prefer the usability of the 70D as I am used to the tillable screen and I like using that to get into different angles. I also feel like just 6 frames of burst at 6fps on the nikon is going to be a struggle compared to the 11 frames at 7.5 fps on the Canon. I shoot RAW! As for lenses I am not too fussed. I would be looking at a Tamron 17-50 F2.8 and 90mm macro on both camera's.

So I am interested to know what you guys think. My feeling goes towards the 70D but I guess I am worried about the IQ to be able to sell images. Is that something I should be worried about?

This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 70D Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow