Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nikomartin
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
DX 18-200
4 months ago

I just bought my first DSLR, a D3200, but have no proper lenses, so after reading through Ken Rockwell's site I've decided to get the 35mm f/1.8 and the 18-200 lenses. I guess that should be enough for a novice?

Anyway, I've decided to buy the 18-200 used. I found one, but it in the description there's a quote which I don't whether it's true/good or whether it's just plan sell talk. Could you please help me confirm which (this is translated from Swedish, so I might not use the exactly right terms):

"This lens has weak steering which often breaks. It has therefore been modified with stronger steering for the VR mechanism and the rear lens element."

The guy who wrote this is selling a lot of lenses and has good feedback on the website I found the ad, so it might be true and the modification a good thing, but I don't have a clue. Perhaps the mechanism broke once and was replaced with a stronger one, I don't know.

Some advice, please?

/Martin

Nikon D3200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow