Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PNad
Forum MemberPosts: 50
Like?
14-24 and failed long exposures
3 weeks ago

Not sure if this would be more appropriate to post this in the landscape forum? Anyway.

I ordered a 150mm ND8 lee filter last week, and finally had some time to play with it tonight. I did not buy the lee holder, seriously, $400?? screw that, some gaffer tape will do just as good. My plan was simple, wait for the sun to go away, and make some awsome 2-3min exposures near the water with alot of rocks.

But I had one big problem, I dont have a remote release but I do have some pocketwizard plusiii and the cable to fire the camera. As long as I keep the test button pressed (in bulb mode) I can make exposures as long as I want, or at least as long I can keep that damn button pressed. It was easy to do it in my house, but with hundreds of mosquitos ?!? forget it. Time to buy a proper remote (and some anti mosquitos stuff)

And the only good shot I have left, is a test shot while waiting for the sun to go down, so its not even super slow, only 8". Its not bad, but not what I wanted, anyway, hope you enjoy !

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow