A77 II SSS trouble thread

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Calico Jack
Senior MemberPosts: 2,288Gear list
Like?
FAO: The manufacturers secretary @ DPR Towers
In reply to Ralf B, 4 months ago

Ahoy!

If there's a manufacturers guru at DPR Towers that may have Sony's 'ear', then maybe they could contact Sony with this or any other highly reported issue(s) otherwise owners should contact Sony directly and ask whether they know about it and if so, are they planning a recall for a free update/repair on affected models?

Unfortunately, there seems to be a lot of reports on here and other dedicated Sonolta sites where owners are reporting problems with various components especially with the A77 series and to me it's simply unacceptable.  Are Sony now just making a box full of electronics rather than refining the product type and maybe they're just making things too complicated.  If the viewfinder of an SLT went kaput, then what?  A scary thought, but as long as owners are prepared to accept this, then I would suggest getting some warranty back-up as I would expect a single repair if out of warranty will be a tad expensive to say the least (sometimes it can exceed the cost of a new model).

Anyway, I hope you and anyone else that have been plagued by electronic gremlins get some resolution, otherwise what's the alternative?

-- hide signature --

Mark (aka Pirate!)

Calico Jack's gear list:Calico Jack's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD Adobe Photoshop CS6 Topaz Adjust +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow