Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Cwada
New MemberPosts: 9Gear list
Like?
D810 DX mode
2 months ago

Probably a dumb question, and I am not a native speaker but... I wanna know anyway. how does the DX crop mode of the 810 look, looking thru the viewfinder?

I never used the DX crop mode on my D800 due to the fact that I hate that framed look in the viewfinder where you can still see what would have been in the photo would you be shooting in FX.

I would love to be able to use DX crop mode without having to actually see the amount of sensor not being used. Now I am not a technician so it might not be at all possible to fill the viewfinder with just the part actually end up in the photo, but it should be possible to black it out completely? (and ideally then being magnified thus filling the viewfinder completely)

Shooting fast action, I find it very distracting to see more than jut that being framed. So... how does the DX crop mode of the 810 look, looking thru the viewfinder?

Cwada's gear list:Cwada's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow