ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RockLady
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Upgrading from an older camera?
4 months ago

Hi.

I have a Nikon D40, and for a while now I have been thinking about upgrading to a newer camera. I have had my D40 for about 7 years now. For a long time I really only used the the auto settings, but for a few years now I have started to learn more about using the functions on the camera.

I feel that this camera have quite a bit of “noice” on ISO even as low as 400. So I would like to have a camera that can shoot on higher ISO, without the result looking like it is printed on sandpaper or worse, as soon as I move the ISO up even slightly.

I would also like more focus points. My camera has only 3, and I find that I would like more to choose from.

I have been thinking about getting the Nikon D5200 or D5300. The D5300 I find to be a little too expensive at the moment, but I can save up to get it

Would I notice a big change upgrading from my Nikon D40, to a Nikon D5200 or D5300?

The Nikon D5300 is without the OLPF, does that make a big difference to the image quality?

I take pictures of landscapes, portrait, concerts, and lots of different things really. I have the kit lense 18-55. I have a Sigma 18-200mm F3,5-6,3 II OS HSM, and I have the Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f1.8G.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow