Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Diane B
Forum ProPosts: 20,529Gear list
Like?
Happy with a GM1 when I love EM5???
4 months ago

i read a long thread started by Richard Franiec about marvel or flop and still am not sure what I want to do.  I'm thinking of a small camera with my 20 or Oly 45 carried in my handbag for travel and it will fit into my camera bag alongside my EM5 as second camera instead of my old G3.  There are times I don't feel the need to carry my EM5 usually with 25/1.4 mounted and other lenses in a relatively small bag and use my IPhone 5S.  I would be happier with the sensor size, lens flexibility of the GM1 than Iphine but wonder if I'll miss the EM5’s two dials and the EVF.  No one can help me decide but any input would be helpful.  A friend is going to loan me one for several days and that will help--have never seen one in our only camera store unless I travel 3 hours round trip.  I started with a G1 and have had several Pannys, EM5 is first Oly m4/3 but I will admit I love shooting with it.  Am I going to hate shooting with the GM1 LOL--even knowing the compromises?  It just seems like the right little camera for some shooting.  Remember, it doesn't have to fit in a pocket for me......

Diane B's gear list:Diane B's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Not.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow