Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ZionImage
Regular MemberPosts: 289
Like?
Surprising "hidden" features on D810
2 months ago

Just got the D810 on friday and haven't had a chance to shoot that much with it. Everyone knows about the removal of aliasing filter, faster AF system, brighter viewfinder, better LCD, flat profile etc.

I shoot kids a lot with narrow DOF and always look for faster and better way keep their eyes in focus. But just playing around a bit, I found a couple very nice features that are less talked about.

The first one is f9 - Store AF point by orientation: I found this setting incredibly valuable to able to store the precise position I wanted based on how I hold the camera. So I could switch between portrait and landscape shoot with the focusing point right where it is. And if the kids turn around, I could quickly hold my camera the other vertical way to get the right focus point.

Another one is f11 - Limit AF area mode selection: These days Nikon comes up with some many focusing options, many don't applicable to my typical day-to-day shooting.  It is so cool now that I could hide some of those.  So I can only thumb through the one I needed.

This camera is lots of fun to discover.  What other D810 "hidden" features have you found useful?

-- hide signature --

Just trying to improve my draft one image at a time
You could check our more of my photos at http://www.joshuaphotographystudio.com

Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow