My very first "Holly" Rangefinder" experience!

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rodrigue Zahr
Senior MemberPosts: 1,066Gear list
Like?
My very first "Holly" Rangefinder" experience!
3 months ago

Today I had the chance to use a rangefinder camera for the first time in my life. A friend of mine borrowed it to me and we both headed to the historic and touristic city of Byblos for testing.

The camera is an M9 with a 50mm Summarit f2.5. both in almost perfect shape. My friend walked me through some steps to set the camera up to the way I like, I set it to aperture priority and went with the lowest ISO possible as it was still early afternoon/ golden hour with beautiful light. My first and only concern was focusing, I never thought it was that easy and that within minutes of use it can become too fast too! I kept the lens at it’s minimum aperture to see how well I’ll manage to use the focus system…I never looked back at the screen after the first shot, only periodically I would have a look but it was just to make sure exposure was ok.Here’s the output of today’s RF adventure, to you to judge the novice of me all pics were exported from DNG using LR. no editing.

so, what do you think guys? should I consider bringing my XVario a bigger sister?

Rodrigue Zahr's gear list:Rodrigue Zahr's gear list
Leica X Vario Leica M9 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM +5 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow