Flat view
RamiH
Regular MemberPosts: 433Gear list
Like?
Need URGENT Advice on System Exchange my Fuji X-T1 for D800
3 weeks ago

I posted this earlier in the wrong forum:

I am posting again!

Hello guys, first time i post here on this forum.

I bought an XT-1 with 10-24 lens nearly 2 weeks ago, but i have the 5dmk2 with L glass, and NEX-7 with lots of glass as well, i buy alot of systems and i love photography in general.

I bought the X-t1 with the xf 10-24 lens for an upcoming trip to the US, NYC, as it is lightweight and good in many aspects as i dont want to lug around a FF dslr.

I realized then that 16 MP were not enough and put it up for sale .

I was always contemplating the 36mp factor from the sony A7r because i mainly shoot /interested in Landscapes but did not want to take the dive as the lens collection isnt that vast yet and the A7r isnt a system that cam completely replace my DSLR.

I looked at the D810 but it was a bit too expensive to add it to the collection.I would only later get the 12-24 2.8 for it and thats all.

Just now i received an offer to exchange head to head

-My fuji X-T1 + xf10-24 F4 lens

for the following :

-D800, 5K shutter 2 years old +70-200 VR1 (not sure if 2.8 or F4,i told him i will think about it cuz i dont wanna drag the messages much or show its a good deal if it is)+tamron 24-70 2.8 +nikon 105mm 2.8 Macro +sb600 Flash

The D800 + tamron 24-70 are 2 years old and the others ,70-200 and 105 were purchased second hand by him, all in working good condition.

I need urgent opinions!

To me it sounds like a v good deal , he finds the system heavy and cumbersome as he said.

is the D800 enough for my needs for landscape ( i know it is) but i need your unbiased opinion as my friend offered to buy the fuji and lens from me for 2,100 USD ( thats what i asked for anyway)

I have very little time to decide!

-- hide signature --

Rami.H

RamiH's gear list:RamiH's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Fujifilm FinePix F550 EXR Nikon Coolpix P300 Canon EOS 5D Mark II +21 more
Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D800 Nikon D810 Sony Alpha 7R Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow