How are you A6000 owners enjoying it? Thinking of getting one vs Fuji X-T1...

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jaeger088
Junior MemberPosts: 35
Like?
How are you A6000 owners enjoying it? Thinking of getting one vs Fuji X-T1...
4 months ago

Hello

Just wondering how well you A6000 owners are enjoying the camera? I've been debating for a long time weather to get an Olympus E-M1, Fuji X-T1, or the Sony A6000.

I've just recently ruled out the Olympus E-M1 because of a defect with the diopter that can cause it to act like a magnifying glass on the sensor behind it and burn in weird green and yellow spots on the screen when the sun hits it...seems to be fairly common and, in my opinion, something that just shouldn't happen o a camera that expensive.

Then there's the Fuji X-T1. A VERY nice camera to say the least with a big EVF and some very nice lenses. However, the lenses all run at about $900-$1000 each...really steep for just a hobby. And also, I'm not sure I could get use to those control dials.

Then we come to the Sony A6000. This camera checks off just about everything for me:

1) Small/Light Body

2) Fast Autococus with a quick manual focus override

3) AMAZING (Yellow) Peaking for manual focus!

4) Decent flash system with wireless capability

5) Cheap and good lenses that won't break the bank while also offering higher-quality Zeiss lenses should I choose to invest in the future (Plus USED prices are amazing on Sony lenses!)

My ONLY negative thing that I have to say about it, is that the EVF is TINY! Do any owners of the A6000 feel that the EVF is too small at all?

Just trying to get an idea of what others think. I'm pretty sure I'm leaning towards the A6000 though, but just wanted to grab some extra opinions from other owners. Also are you guys happy with OOC JPEGS? Also I'm heading out at the end of next month for an 11-day Alaskan Cruise. What Lenses would you recommend?

Fujifilm X-T1 Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow