GX7 - sell or keep?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
The Jacal
Senior MemberPosts: 1,258Gear list
Like?
Re: GX7 - sell or keep?
In reply to PChoi, 2 months ago

PChoi wrote:

I finally made up my mind to get the EM1. I have both EM5 and GX7that I use regularly. Should I keep the EM5 or GX7? I like both cameras and have no problem with the mannuals, operation and IQ. I Like the EM1 because I have a couple of 3/4 lenses and also handling and responsivness.

Personally I'd keep the EM5 because it has the same menus, battery and similar button layout.

This is a purely subjective thing though; if the points above don't bother you, you may as well flip a coin.

Personally I think the GX7 is a pig ergonomically; strangely shaped grip that makes my hand ache after a short time of using it, rear control dial that isn't where your thumb sits and it the rubber coating on the cam makes the (recessed) rear dial difficult to turn. But, hey, that's just me. I have a G5, and apart from the rear dial not being where it should, it is superb ergonomically, but I wouldn't use it as a back up on a shoot or on holiday because of the battery.

-- hide signature --

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7467981@N05/
"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." Richard Dawkins.

The Jacal's gear list:The Jacal's gear list
Olympus SH-50 Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Nikon D80 Olympus PEN E-P1 Olympus PEN E-P2 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow