Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
maxuci
Contributing MemberPosts: 592
Like?
A6000 + FE 70-200: Body surfers, Newport Beach Wedge
4 weeks ago

I finally got the A6000 after eyeing it for quite some time and took it to the beach this weekend with the FE 70-200/f4 attached.  I've been shooting "NEX" since the first NEX-5 and 99.9% of the time I use flexible spot focus when using auto focus.  With the A6000 I plan to change this to take advantage of the PDAF and tracking capabilities of the camera.  After shooting for a couple of hours and reviewing the shots I am pretty happy with the performance.  I got way less complete missed focus shots then ever before with NEX (maybe none?), but I feel like a lot of the shots came out just barely out of focus.  I was trying all different focus modes, zone, wide, flexible spot, etc and I don't remember which was used for which shots...  Anyway, lots of keepers from the day and so far I'm pretty happy with the camera.  Build quality is just fine IMO (actually, good) and I'm liking the silver color.  It's been a while since I had my NEX-7, but I think I like the files from the A6000 better, mainly in terms of malleability in PP. 11 fps sure eats up memory space quickly!

10 of my fav shots from the outing below.  Most cropped to heavily-cropped and PP'd heavily (shot RAW as always)

Sony a6000 Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow