Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nikuser1234
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Nikon D90 Timelapse
2 months ago

I have been experimenting with timelapse photography using a Nikon D90. I have set the camera on fully manual settings, custom white balance and basic JPEG image quality. I have connected the camera using a USB, and have tried using both image capture in Mac as well as Soforbild as the intervalometer.

For the first 10-15 minutes, the camera fires at the specified intervals (5 seconds). However, the camera then stops firing. If I turn it off, and turn it back on, it will again fire for a several minutes and then stop again. I have searched for other people having this same issue on this camera, but I haven't found anyone with a similar complaint. I went to BH Photo and the Nikon representative also did not have anything useful to say about this issue.

My feeling is that camera might be stopping to avoid overheating of the sensor. I am curious if anyone has suggestions or tests that I could run to determine the problem.

Thanks

Nikuser1234

Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow