Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lord metroid
Regular MemberPosts: 427Gear list
Like?
Looking to upgrade
1 month ago

I am a travel photographer and in October I will be travelling to New York City and is therefore considering to get a new camera before I leave.

As a travel photographer I have a few requirments, in order of importance:

1. The camera needs to be portable(as light and small as possible)
  2. Uncompromised image quality for photographs which will mostly be viewed on screen
  3. The camera needs to be functioning in all kinds of different situation
  4. I want the camera controls to be fun to use, I do not want to battle the camera every time I want to make a photograph
  5. I only make photographs using manual mode so speed is not an issue for me

I currently own a SIGMA DP2s which I bought before my trip to Japan in 2010, it has served me very well and I love the photographs I managed to make despite the awful ISO performance and the unmodern camera controls.

I have placed an order for a SIGMA DP2 Merrill which has yet to ship. It has better resolution than my current camera but probably the same awful controls and ISO performance.

Since the camera I ordered have been on back-order for 3 weeks I am considering other options, perhaps one of those new SIGMA DP2 Quattros but after surfing some reviews I noticed that a lot are comparing the SIGMA cameras with FUJI cameras.

So I have become very intrigued, perhaps a Fuji camera of some kind is a more suitable choice for me. What are the pros and cons of a Fuji X camera(X-pro, X100, X-T1, etc.)?

A few example photographs to illustrate what kind of photography I do.

Flood-gate in the garden of Kinkaku-ji in Kyoto

Streets in town at the foot of Arashiyama, Kyoto

Small waterfall in the grand park of Nara.

Owner of the picturesque White Gyoza restaurant called "Za Gyoza, za best of za best" in Sendai.

Playing out Taiga-drama in Okayama castle.

Attending Comiket 78 with geeky friends who lives in Tokyo but never before attended the event.

Lord metroid's gear list:Lord metroid's gear list
Sigma DP2s Sigma DP2 Quattro
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-T1 Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP2 Quattro Sigma DP2s
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow