Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JimMoyer
Junior MemberPosts: 28Gear list
Like?
X100s for an Oly m43 User?
2 months ago

I shoot regularly with an Olympus EM1 and EPM2, and like the Olympus bodies and the selection of lenses in the m43 ecosystem.  I find myself, however, seriously intrigued by the X100s.  I enjoy shooting with a fixed lens and the X100s seems to have developed a mystique as the street photographer's instrument of choice, or Average Joe or Jane's Leica.

When I look at the X100s in the local camera store, I find myself asking whether the X100s brings something special beyond what I can achieve with an Oly f/1.8 17mm on either the EM1 or the EPM2.  I know the X100s is a great camera, but I wonder if the Fuji would produce noticeably different results, or a qualitatively different shooting experience, from what's available to me now with my Olympus setup.  In other words, is there a difference between the two 35mm equivalent, fixed lens mirrorless systems, or am I feeling the marketing sizzle (a/k/a Gear Acquisition Syndrome)?

Knowing that the folks in Forum 1020 are fully versed in these matters, I ask your comments.

Thanks,

Jim

-- hide signature --

Jim Moyer
"Not all who wander are lost."

JimMoyer's gear list:JimMoyer's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 +2 more
Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow