Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sherman_levine
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,981Gear list
Like?
First day out with FZ1000
2 months ago

Images are posted at 100% from Raw except where noted. Stabilizer is on for all.

Burst mode (medium speed) with live view and AFC is excellent.

This pair is images 1 and 6 of a series down a tall slide. Focus is accurate for both, and I could see the field of view between shots so I could keep the camera aimed.

Once initial focus is established, the AFC maintains focus in a limited range if possible, rather than starting afresh for each image. This is one of several in a burst starting with the bird against a clear sky. FZ1000 kept focus on the bird and ignored the foliage. 49 point focus.

Capture from 30fps 4K video was a real pleasure. This frame is SOOC with the ride moving at full speed. Extracted with Avidemux http://avidemux.sourceforge.net/

Still in the learning phase for BIF. I think I might be able to get away without a RDS because the zoom and focus are so fast, but to soon to tell. I'd like the focus to be better here - but these were late evening and grey bird on grey sky.  I still need improvement here.

Three consecutive frames from JPG. All are cropped, but posted at 100%. 49 point focus.

More as it happens

sherman_levine's gear list:sherman_levine's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow