Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Albinoni
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Help with Sony HX20V SD Card types
4 months ago

Hello all, I am from Perth, Australia and have a Sony HX20V compact digital camera which I like very much and use quite often.

Now my main question here is what SD Cards can I use it in and what can I not use in it.

Now when I say not I basically mean I dont want to use an SD card in it that doesnt really serve the purpose or is just not worth using in it and I am wasting my time and money.  Lets say for eg some SD Cards such as the Sandisk Extreme Pro SDHC/SDXC writes at 280 MB/S or you might buy a Lexar Pro that writes say at 300x, but will the HX-20V read and write this fast. So I am basically saying is whats the point of spending this extra $$$ on a SD card when the HX20V does not utilise 100% of that cards speed or features.

Its different if you have a top end pro Canon, Nikon or Olympus camera which are in the professional range and used by the pros and they also probably will read and access the high speed cards.

So like my question asks what SD Cards can I use in my HX20V Sony Cybershot DCC.

Thank you

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX20V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow