ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BenGladstone
New MemberPosts: 10Gear list
Like?
A3 printer choices?
4 months ago

Hey people,

I'm looking at buying an A3 printer this week and I think I've got it narrowed down to three different ones and was wondering if anyone owned any of them.

Ideally, I would probably go for one of the Canon Pixma Pros but due to budget the three are;

Canon Pixma iX6550-

It looks like a good no frills printer with a very high DPI (9,600dpi max resolution, but do you really need it that high). But it doesn't offer Wireless printing (Would be handy for on the day show printing that I do, but not a nessesity) and doesn't offer custom size prints.

Cannon Pixma iX6850-

Looks to be an updated version of the 6550 with wireless technology but according to reviews, just doesn't look quite as good.

Epson Stylus Photo 1500w-

Has all the extras I would like (custom sizes, double sided prints, disc printing, wireless...) and has an extra ink cartridge (6 as oppose to 5 on the other 2) but apparently is quite slow and only had a DPI of 5760 x 1440.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these printers?

I'm not too bothered about printing costs as I am planning on fitting a CISs.

BenGladstone's gear list:BenGladstone's gear list
Sony SLT-A58 Sony 75-300mm F4.5-5.6 Sony DT 50mm F1.8 SAM Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM II Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow