Beginner A6000+Mac User, iPhoto vs Lightroom for RAW ?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
10DeeQ
Forum MemberPosts: 95Gear list
Like?
Beginner A6000+Mac User, iPhoto vs Lightroom for RAW ?
4 months ago

hi i'm a long time mac user, and till today i've only shoot Jpeg with my previous compact or prosumer compact camera.

I just bought myself an A6000 and now i feel that i want to take it to the next level by optimising this camera by shooting RAW.

but i'm still new to this RAW editing , i won't edit much but just want the versatility of RAW files for setting the correct exposure, WB and such.

till today , all my pictures from camera and iPhone has been organised in my iPhoto.

so i actually prefer to choose iPhoto for my Raw as well, but seeing most people here recommend the  lightroom as it says to produce better photo.

so i'm confused, if i choose Lightroom, should i move all my photo library to lightroom and abandon my iPhoto altogether ?

because my iPad and iPhone is syncing to the iPhoto as well.

please advise me of the pros and cons.

thank you so much.

10DeeQ's gear list:10DeeQ's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow