Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
vagtanklan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,353Gear list
Like?
So now I have two Ms
4 months ago

A couple of weeks ago I was a bit unlucky, and managed to spill smoothie on my M. Most of it ended up on the screen, but some managed to get in behind the wheel. A few days later the wheel was stuck.

I figured it was toast, so went and got me another one, figuring I could sell one of the 18-55mm kit lenses, and keep the other battery as those are handy to have in numbers.

Another few days passed, and seeing there was little risk, I said to self: Why don't you open it, and see if that smoothie comes off?

So I did, and after negotiating off the rear lid, and removing the control panel from the rear lid, I managed to rinse off the smoothie, apply some moisture removal fluids and reassemble.

I followed this tear down procedure, though it does not include how to get the control panel off the rear lid. To do that I had to remove the thumb grip to get access to a screw, and carefully bend a metal part that holds the control panel together

http://www.scotttorborg.com/canon-eos-m-teardown

Happy ending to this story. Camera works great, and now I have two!

vagtanklan's gear list:vagtanklan's gear list
Nikon D40 Canon EOS M Canon EOS 6D Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +8 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow