ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
eliehbk
Contributing MemberPosts: 576Gear list
Like?
Xt1 vs. Rx1r
2 months ago

Hi everyone,

I just purchase an Xt1 yesterday to replace my Sony Rx1r which I love so much but is very limiting as a solo camera to have. I wanted something light and weather proof so I decided to go for the Xt1. I saw many pictures on the web and I love the output especially the Fuji colors.

I went today to take some snap shots in Central Park and to PP the RAW pics in Lightroom. I herd a lot about the problems people are having with LR, and since it is the only software I like to use I will be working with it on the Xt1's RAW files.

My first impression is that the Rx1 is quite a bit sharper and noticeably less noise than the Xt1, it was my easier to get rid of as well.

I have worked on the few snapshots in LR, the results are not bad but I noticed the water color effect that everyone talks about. I have also noticed that the 18-55 lens profile is not in my LR5 which is odd.

I am adding few snapshots from the Xt1 for your comments about the way I have processed them, maybe you have some suggestions. I mainly shoot landscape and I am a bit concerned about the smudging and water color effect in the pictures. I am also including the last 2 pictures from my Rx1r for comparison.

I really love the fuji and would like to keep it, however I have to make a decision otherwise it's going back to the store.

Thanks for your help!

Now some Rx1r pictures!

eliehbk's gear list:eliehbk's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1
Fujifilm X-T1 Sony RX1R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow