Best mirrorless and lens(es) for a safari. Need recommendations ASAP.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wedouglas
Regular MemberPosts: 172
Like?
Best mirrorless and lens(es) for a safari. Need recommendations ASAP.
2 months ago

Going on a safari in about 10 days and my girlfriend needs a new camera and a lens or two. We want something small and I don't want to buy a superzoom because I'd rather have a nice, compact, interchangeable lens camera after the safari that can be used in general for traveling or just taking pictures whenever.

My mom already bought a superzoom just for the safari as well, so if needed, we'll have one around and I'm competent enough with photography to be able to swap between assorted cameras to get a good shot when needed. I may bring the 5DII as well just so we all have something in our hands.

What's the best out there? Cost doesn't matter and I'll just sell it after if I don't need/like it, but I'm not buying a Leica or $5-10K worth of body and lenses.

Will do some research in the time I have, but if you could make some body/lens suggestions in the meantime that would help to narrow my search, I'd much appreciate it given my limited time.

Thanks in advance!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow