Going FF(?)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Elti87
Forum MemberPosts: 68
Like?
Re: Going FF(?)
In reply to dgc4rter, 2 months ago

dgc4rter wrote:

I recently purchased a D610 for my travel solution (traded in an Olympus EM-5). Being the smallest and lightest of Nikon's FF offerings (roughly the same size as a D7100) it was the logical choice as I already have a D800E and a set of Nikkor lenses.

Once you see and experience full frame, it's difficult to accept or be satisfied with anything else in terms of IQ which is why the EM-5 had to go (I found the controls too small and fiddly also). The D610 fits nicely in the hands, even better with the MB-D14 grip, and is a joy to use. However, coming from a D7000, I'm sure you are well acquainted with the ergonomics.

As for lenses, I will use my 50mm f1.8 G and 24-85mm VR on trips. Both are (relatively) light and compact lenses and give excellent results. Not as good as the 24-70 but that's just too big and heavy (and expensive) for me as a travel lens. However, I've toyed with the idea of getting the Tamron 24-70 f2.8 VR which is half the price and gets very good reviews. Maybe sometime in the not too distant future.

The D610 is a superb camera and certainly gives the most bang for your buck of any FF DSLR to date. You will not look back.

Don't you feel that your "range" got hurt once you moved to FF? I mean, what was 105*1.6 before is now just 105mm. (But I guess you just crop more often?)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow