Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tim Bury
Senior MemberPosts: 2,178Gear list
Like?
FZ1000 4K Grab Squirrel at 400mm and Flower at 37mm
2 months ago

I apologize if you have seen enough of these already. The flower is approximately 37mm, the squirrel 400mm, all 4K grabs cropped a little bit.

I am very happy getting these results. Considering it was overcast. Still images I took at the same time were f/2.8, 1/60-1/80, ISO 125, so not real bad, but I have no idea what this means for video shutter speed, or how to check it. In Photo Fun Studio it said speed 50, does that mean 1/50?

The squirrel was f/4 at around 400mm. I am pleased I can get something like this considering the conditions: Hand held with camera held over my head (I am so thankful for the articulating screen), I felt like I was not being very steady and the squirrel was very twitchy.

Processing: Tweaked the levels and highlights a little bit, ran Nik Dfine on the flower.. auto so I don't recall the settings. Some sharpening.

At 100% they start to fall apart, but for normal viewing... I am pretty thrilled with the possibilities. I have seen folks posting hummers which is pretty neat. I am hoping to capture a bee approaching a flower to see how that might turn out. I was actually hoping to catch one tonight but saw the squirrel instead, maybe earlier in the day with the sun out I'll see some insects traveling the flowers.

Thanks for looking!

-- hide signature --
 Tim Bury's gear list:Tim Bury's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 +2 more
Nikon Df Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow