I need advice on which lighting set would be best for my needs.

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BrookNYC
Forum MemberPosts: 76Gear list
Like?
I need advice on which lighting set would be best for my needs.
3 months ago

Hello,

This is my 3rd attempt to take decent photo's of a product I am selling at my online store. I started a previous thread about a month ago and was given some excellent advice I am slowly starting to implement.

My question is what kind of lighting set would be best for my particular set up. Right now I am taking flat pictures due to time constraints however I would like to eventually take pictures of the shirts on mannequins and then ghost the mannequin as previous users suggested.

After I took the pictures I noticed the shirt coloring was darker in some areas and I can only assume that is because of inadequate lighting. I need something cheap or at the most under $150 because I am strapped for cash at the moment. Does anyone have any DIY solutions.

Finally as you can see the picture isn't taken directly above the shirt because my tripod doesn't have a horizontal extending arm. Should I bit the bullet and get the arm eventually even though I plan on transitioning out of flat pictures to mannequin pictures.

Thanks,

Here is the newest picture I took after listening to your suggestions.

Notice the top of the shirt and the right side near the crease is darker.

Any other suggestions on how to make this shot look more professional would be welcome.

BrookNYC's gear list:BrookNYC's gear list
Canon EOS 100D
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow